Thursday, November 17, 2011

0
How I manage getting a little extra sleep at night...

When I was pregnant, everyone told me to rest as much as possible because it would be hard for me to get rest after my son would arrive, foolishly, I kind of shrugged it off and thought "it won't be that bad!" - Well, after not getting much sleep for the last four weeks, I'm looking back thinking I should have considered appreciating my rest a little more! On the bright side, Samuel is sleeping longer through the night, instead of waking up every 2 hours, he sleeps 4-5 hours at a time now (which is making this mommy very happy).

I suppose, the reason he is sleeping longer could be that we have switched from breast milk to formula, and because formula is harder to digest, it makes him feel full longer, keeping him asleep longer. But on top of that,  to maximize the time I spend sleeping.. Here's what I did:

First of all, I brought his changing table into my bedroom. If he's sleeping in the room with me, I don't see the point in walking across the hall into his room to change his diaper at night. Once he starts sleeping in his own room, I'll put the changing table back in there.

Secondly, I use my nightstand as a feeding station! Every night before we lay down I make sure I have 8oz of filtered water, the bottle warmer, and two clean bottles on the nightstand. That way, when he wakes up, it's just a routine - Get out of bed, get him out of is bassinet, walk over to the changing table and change his diaper, walk back to the bed, sit down and make his bottle, feed him, put him back in his bassinet. TA-DA!

It's funny how the simplest things can make such a big difference, I feel like I'm getting so much more sleep now that I'm not going into his room to change him, then to the kitchen to make his bottle, and then back to bed. It really does save time! :)

Do you have any magical mommy tips you'd like to share? I'd love to hear them!



0 comments:

Post a Comment