Wednesday, December 21, 2011

0
This Moms Beauty Tips

When I was younger, I spent a lot more time thinking about my appearance. Putting on the make up everyday, doing my hair before even thinking about leaving the house, dying, straightening, curling and primping it everyday. But today, I'm lucky to work up the energy to put lip gloss on! - BUT! No more! My son will be two months old in two days and I think it's time for me to start pampering myself a little more. No, I won't be spending as much time as I used to on fashion and make up because moms, lets face it.. when you have to choose between folding laundry, vacuuming, cooking dinner, taking care of an infant, and finishing the other hundred thousand things on your to-do list for that day or doing your hair, I think your hair is going to lose that battle. - But we can still work in a little time for ourselves, and you might be surprised at how one little thing can help.I'm going to share a few of my quick-tips with you guys.

Olive Oil & Sugar Facial Scrub - This is the first one on the list because it is probably one of the most useful! It is so easy, simple and amazing. This home-made scrub leaves your skin feeling exfoliated and fresh, and incredibly soft. I recommend using this scrub 1-3 times a week, and if you have really dry skin (or the harsh winter is damaging your skin) you can apply moisturizer after using the scrub. It's as simple as this: Mix 1 Tablespoon of water with 1 Teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil, mix until it creates a thick paste, then rub (softy) onto your face in a circular motion. Rinse with warm water. Done!

Baby Powder For Super Soft Skin - It's silly how something you probably already have laying around the house can make such a big difference in the appearance and softness of your skin. I've always had baby powder around somewhere, but recently I've been using it after I get out of the bath, all over my body. It leaves your skin silky smooth and also keeps you smelling fresh (all over!) for a good amount of time. It's refreshing and light, and I love it. Simple as anything really, just take a 15-20 minute hot shower and after drying yourself (patting your body all over, not wiping with the the towel.) put some powder on all over, or even just the dry spots you are trying to moisturize. This is a great tip to keep in mind, because I never would have thought it would make such a big difference, but it does! 


These two simple things really do work wonders, I promise! Do you have any tips or tricks you'd like to share? I'd love to hear them!


0 comments:

Post a Comment